Babysteps to Waaagh!

(Most of) my current Orks army
When we first started miniature painting we did some of our Chaos in the Old World figurines. Back then, there was a Red Goblin shop in our city and we'd heard of evening painting sessions, so we joined in to see what it's all about. We were hooked. Having a chaotic schedule (pun unintended) we continued at home, but didn't quite finish the whole set. 
The husband then got into Warhammer 40k miniature wargaming. He'd been a longtime fan of the computer came and it absorbed him completely from day one. So we moved on to painting a Chaos Daemonkin army. More like he did. I wanted to start a fun project of my own, so I thought some Orksies would be great, especially since there was no Orks army in the local league.
I mostly wanted to paint, but he kept buying orks off eBay and now I kinda have an almost 1000p army, almost 100 units. I've already  started looking for cool dice, so there's no escape for me either. I should start some trial battles soon, people can't wait to play against orks.
The boyz are amazingly funny, I have several generations, but I chose to do a group of Nobz first, they had been half painted by their previous owner. Not the best pic and not the best work, but here they are, after and before. I chose an oldschool color scheme, circa 2nd edition codex. Red, sand, copper and lots of checkered elements (to be added later, seriously considering the purchase of some transfer sheets). I like to keep the horns and fangs pearly white, although I know greenskinz are dirty unkept fungi. Well, momma's boyz have manicured fingernails, colored highlights in their hair and pristine teeth. They are savage that way :D
I've got a killa base for one of the Killa Kanz
I also have a lovely Deffkopta, a handful Killa Kans and some badass bosses, one of which is a biker. Also, a squig hadler. Squids are the cutest disgusting things ever. It will take an eternity to finish painting these bad boyz. And maybe a fortune in custom dice :)) But, thankfully, the guys at MiniWarGaming will be undertaking a GorkaMorka campaign. Lots of inspiration coming my way and probably even more laughter, knowing these guys. I hope that also plants the seeds of motivation. The boyz need their momma's love.



No comments:

Post a Comment