Heldrake #2

I while ago I bought a second Heldrake. The model was assembled and primed in black by his original owner. I didn't want another red one so I painted it black and found a nice idea to paint it like it's flying over lava and the metal got hot.
I spayed the wings with red and quick after with yellow blending the colors nicely and getting a good hot metal effect.
Next I started painting brass on the rest of the metal details. On the wings I painted a very thin coat only on the red parts so that the brass would fade into the bright yellow.

I painted the tail in grey, dry brush it with bright gray and white highlights.
All the claws and tubes were coated with weak silver so that you can still see through the fiery effect.
I also tried to make the baleflamer look like it's hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment