Contemptor Dreadnought

 

I painted this mini for a contest. I made a sketch how some body parts would look like and tried some patterns. For the body, I looked at Giger's "Brain Salad Surgery".

I had the model primed with metallic.

I removed decorations on the chest and primed it back with grey.

I airbrushed the whole model with purple and started working on the eyes.

I didn't like how it was going so I switched to patterns.

I added some lights.

I added more scales.

Making the whole shoulder out of scales seemed a bit boring so I added some tubes.

I fixed the eyes, added some hazard stripes on the leg, painted the nose and mouth of the skull.


More scales and tubing. Giger in the back for reference.

I saved my progress by airbrushing matt varnish.

I painted a Slaanesh symbol on the metal part of the leg.


I painted the mechanical parts with metallic black and highlighted with silver. Body was done. I painted the base with grey and washed it with brown.

Washed it again with black then I dry brushed with white.

At this point only the two magnetized hands were left. I painted one of them like the rest of the model.

For the second one I wanted it to be different, to have a story. I took some photos, edited them in paint and I made a short video of my Dreadnought loosing it's hand to a Captain. 


Corruption spreads on the newly acquired arm.

Soon it begins to fester.

After many hours of painting I proudly present my Contemptor Dreadnought.




















No comments:

Post a Comment