Skryre vs Nighthaunt



Mission: Battleplan: Focal Points
Point Limit: 2000
Deployment Type: Vanguard Strike



Death
Allegiance: Nighthaunt

  • Leaders
    • Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed
    • 2 x Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern
    • Spirit Torment
    • Cairn Wraith
    • Lord Executioner
  • Units
    • 2 x 20-man Chainrasp Horde
    • 20-man Grimghast Reapers
    • 12-man Glaivewraith Stalkers
    • 4-man Glaivewraith Stalkers
    • 6-man Spirit Hosts
  • Battalions
    • Chainguard
    • Death Stalkers


Skaven
Allegiance: Masterclan and Skryre
  • Leaders
    • Arch-Warlock
    • 2 x Warlock Engineer
    • Thanquol and Boneripper equipped with Warpfire Projectors
  • Units
    • 3-man Stormfiends
    • 2 x Warp-Grinder
    • 3 x Warpfire Thrower
  • War Machines
    • 3 x Warp Lightning Cannon
  • Battalions
    • Warpcog Convocation


The Deployment:
Plague Claws are Lightning Cannons. Stormfiends, and the weapon teams are underground. Grimghast Reapers start in reserves.

Death Turn 1:
One Chainrasp Horde retreats to the forest the other advances. All units show up on the board, but luckily for me, none of them managed to charge. The photo was taken late in my turn after I managed to kill the Reapers that summoned on the left, next to Thanquol.

Skaven Turn 1:
Thanquol kills the Reapers, Cannons kill half a unit of Chainrasp and most of the Glaivewraith. My units emerge from the ground on the other side of the battlefield.

Skaven Turn 2:
I kill a squad of Glaivewraiths, a few more Chainrasp, a hero and I wound another.

Death Turn 2:
Spirit Hosts advance. I have my first casualty, I lose a weapon team.

Skaven Turn 3:
I kill all the Chainrasp and Glaivewraiths. Lighting Cannon and a flamer kill the enemy general.

Death Turn 3:
I lose two more weapon teams and an Engineer. Spirit Hoasts charge my cannons but I managed to save them.

Skaven Turn 4:
Thanquol, Stormfiends and the last flamer kill the Chainrasp Horde. Cannons disintegrate the Spirits. 

We stopped the game as there was no way for my opponent to win. Brutal Skaven victory. Flamers and cannons are annoyingly good. I had a strong counter against my opponents army, doing 37 - 44 mortal wounds per 20 man squad.

1 comment:

  1. No mention of not having the requirements for a pitched battle army and also having the same weapons on the Stormfiends :P

    ReplyDelete