Leonidas Statue


I got this Leonidas statue to paint.


Unfortunately I received with a broken spear, no nose and a weird hand, but I fixed them with green stuff.


Since the material was porous I sprayed it with gloss, then with grey primer. Next I painted the cloack and hair with Mephiston red.

I painted the skin with Flesh from Revel.

To make it easier to get a good gold/bronze color on the armor, I used metal first.

I washed the flesh with Raikland freshshade, then highlighted it with the original color. I painted the hair and beard with black and the kilt with brown.

Next I painted the armor with bronze.

I washed the armor with Agrax earthshade, then I highlighted it. Next I painted the rocks with Eshin grey.

I washed the rocks with Nuln oil. I painted the base with Kantor blue then added thin layers of white Skar. I used the air brush to spray black in the creases of the cape.

Finally I glued the spear to the statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment